"Pre-Assessment Unit"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I recently attended East Surrey Hospital to undergo some tests prior to general anaesthetic & surgery. I arrived 10 minutes early and was directed to a small comfortable waiting area. At 0920 on the dot (my appointment time) a charming nurse introduced themself and took me to private room where they went through a medical questionnaire I had completed beforehand, making suitable amendments as necessary. Next came a series of tests: ECG, BP, Temp, urine, MRSA swab, etc., all carried out in a friendly professional manner, leaving me totally relaxed and at ease throughout. The whole process only took approx 40 minutes, and I came away thinking "you could not get better treatment in a private hospital".

Dear Petrust,

Very best wishes

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Petrust, Thank you for your kind words about the pre-assessment clinic at East Surrey Hospital. Having spent some time with the team down there the other day I know how pleased they will be to read you kind words about your recent experience. Very best wishes Ian Mackenzie Director of Information and Facilities