"Pleasantly surprised"

About: Littlebrook Hospital

On my wife's admission to the hospital I was worried that the posted reviews may have some substance. However these preconceived ideas were soon dispelled by the atmosphere and the staff. The facility was clean and warm with regular tasty meals and drinks. A tribute to the auxiliary staff. Working in a facility of this kind must be difficult and it was good to see the staff rise above the everyday difficulties and carry out their work with professionalism and care. When discussing my wife's illness with the doctors I found them to be attentive, open and answered any questions fully and positively. On discharge a CPA was fully discussed and all services required to further her recovery were put in place indicating a professional, joined up system. On finishing my review I would like to say to prospective patients and carers that a little understanding goes a long way. The staff and you are aiming towards the same goal which is to get the patient better. My heartfelt thanks to all of the staff at Littlebrook.

Response from Littlebrook Hospital

Thank you so much for taking time to leave such positive feedback on NHS choices. I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to staff and welcome any further comments you may have should you wish to discuss with either Gwen McGahey the Acute Service Manager or Angela Shorter the Acute Service Matron of Little Brook Hospital (01322 622222).