"Upsetting experience"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Rheumatology

I have been attending the Rheumatology Dept for over 1 year now. Had an appointment recently. Waste of time & l was made to feel l was at it. Doctor wasn't interested in what l said or asked i feel. Told to stop taking the anti rheumatic drug & to make an appointment for 3 months. So I've to suffer pain for 3 months! ! ! I had to ask about previous blood test results. Too much bother & l was wasting their time i felt. I left feeling tearful & more upset. I didn't even make an appointment..What is the point when the doctor isn't interested in listening or helping..Just wants you gone.

Dear Kazza26,

I am very sorry to read that you were made to feel upset and tearful leaving this appointment - we would not expect any patient to feel this way after being in our care.

You mention that you have been attending this department for over a year, so I would hope that your other experiences have been more positive, and that this was an isolated incident. While I appreciate how much a negative experience can impact on your confidence in the care you receive, I also hope that you will make your follow up appointment so that you get the treatment you need. In the meantime, I will also pass your comments on to the General Manager for this service so that you know that your experience has been listened to by the service.

Best Wishes,