"Giving birth to my first baby"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

I just wanted to share what a great experience I had at Wishaw General Maternity as I was terrified going in to have my first baby.

The staff were all so helpful and supportive and I felt well cared for from the minute I arrived. I had quite a long labour and ended up having an emergency section to deliver my baby boy, but both the baby and I were well cared for throughout.

The staff could see when I was struggling or in pain from the section and did a great job of making me more comfortable and helping me to care for my brand new baby. They were all friendly and my husband even managed to get a few meals that were going spare! We were so pleased to get home but I have happy memories of my baby's first few days and I will feel so much more at ease should we return to have another baby.

Thanks to everyone on Ward 23!

Response from Lyn Clyde, Clinical Services Manager, Women's Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear weekjl

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear you had such a positive expierience in the unit. Please be assured I will pass on your comments to the staff in ward 23.

I hope you and your baby are doing well

Kind Regards