"The clinical staff were helpful ..."

About: St Helier Hospital

The clinical staff were helpful and friendly.

The building needs to be either have a major refurbishment or be knocked down and rebuilt. I 1930's building does not meet the standards to provide a up to date clinical environment.

I had problems with the barrier in the car park not opening after inserting ticket. Security were very unhelpful, were intimidating and rude. After having to paid outrageous amount to park, the system should be well maintained and work!

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the attitudes of the clinical staff. It is always good to have such encouraging feedback regarding members of our staff team.

It is acknowledged that the building here at St Helier does need to be improved. We are looking to embark on a multi million pound scheme to rebuild part of the hospital in the near future. There will be nearly 350 beds in the new building, half of which will be in single rooms, as well as purpose built outpatient facilities, a new central pharmacy and dedicated therapy areas. There are also plans for a new day nursery, improved car-parking and to upgrade other parts of the hospital site. You can find more information about the redevelopment on our website at http://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/about-us/improving-our-services/redeveloping-st-helier-hospital/.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not find the security staff helpful when you were leaving the car park, I shall certainly pass your comments on to that department so that this can be addressed.