"baroreflex disfunction"

About: National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

I was referred in Feb 2014 after being signed off work and diagnosed with baroreflex disfunction due to radiotherapy damage. I have uncontrolled hypertension and hypotension 289/140 to 77/55. The condition is life threatening. My GP has told me to stop measuring it and I have been told not to go to A and E even when BP is 289/140. Cardiologists have told me only the Autonomic Unit can help and signed me off. The Autonomic Unit delayed seeing me until October 2014. They did not give me any advice. They told me to come back at the end of June 2015. The letter I finally received following the October visit was full of inaccuracies which I corrected. A second letter in April 2015 said a 24 hour ambulatory blood test done in January 2015 had not yet been looked at. Stress makes my condition worse. Close monitoring and communication between patient and physician is recommended for treating resistant hypertension, what do you call this?

Response from National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of Autonomic Services at the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3448 3237 so that we can look into this.