"A&e trip."

About: Tameside General Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as other),

Twice I have taken my partner to a&e at tameside hospital this week. She has been severely poorly and as advised by the 111 help line I took her to a&e.

I understood the waiting times as the hospital was busy on both occasions the first time we visited we were left with an answer that didn't fit, 2 days later we were back and a completely different diagnosis was different. all the the "doctor" did was poke her belly and said she was poorly due to drinking fizzy pop(which she doesn't drink a lot of). This had nothing to with the reason we went but they were rather happy to fob us off after being rude to us!

After asking for a second opinion and getting treated appalling as the second nurse did not even check her over I chose to leave the hospital!

This hospital is not even worth the lowest mark in patient care! I will never use your hospital again, and I do think your doctors need a lesson is actually asking the patient what's wrong! Only good side is the ladies at reception were excellent.

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

We are sorry you have had cause to raise these concerns.

If your partner would like these concerns to be looked into in more detail can I ask you contact the Pals & Complaints Department on 0161 922 4466 or email Palsandcomplaints@tgh.nhs.uk

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk