"Appointment cancellation"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My Son was due to attend a paediatric appointment at the Acorn Centre at the Vale of Leven recently - I received a letter to say my sons appointment had been cancelled and they gave another appointment for July (when we are away on holiday). I feel this is far too long to wait. I phoned to see if another appointment was available and I was given an even later date. The letter came through today, only for me to find out that I now have to go to the RAH in Paisley. I don't drive. When I phoned the records department they were completely inefficient and couldn't follow the conversation, when eventually they listened they said the next appointment for the Acorn Centre is September!

I don't care what pediatric consultant I see - don't think my son has been seen by the same one twice - I just want him checked out to make sure he is ok.

Dear Helensburgh Patient,

I am really sorry that you have had such trouble with your appointments, particularly when you called to discuss this with someone.

I have been in touch with Coral Brady who is the Business Manager for Paediatric Services who is keen to look into this for you. If you could get in touch with either myself or Coral with some more information it would be much appreciated. Coral can be reached at coral.brady@ggc.scot.nhs.uk or I am lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Wishes,