"Lumpectomy at Eastbourne District General Hospital"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I recently had a lumpectomy at Eastbourne District General Hospital. My surgeon and the anaesthetist each spent considerable time with me to allay my fears which were considerable. The care from this team was exemplary. The same can be said for the staff in radiology, x-ray departments and nurses on Litlington Ward who were always kind and considerate. I found all the staff showed a very positive attitude at all times which certainly changed my frame of mind for the better. The media are very quick to report on the negatives of the NHS including recently the DGH. My experience was the opposite and it seems only right that I acknowledge my appreciation of your excellent medical staff. I would like you to convey my thanks and gratitude to all those concerned with my care. I cannot speak too highly of the care I received from the moment I entered the hospital to the time I left. In fact I am still receiving ongoing support from the excellent breast cancer care nurses at the hospital.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you for posting this comment on NHS Choices, we are pleased to hear such positive comments about your experience at Eastbourne DGH. Your posting will be shared with the General Manager and Service Manager who will be able to share your kind words of appreciation and the team can celebrate their good work.