"GP Referrals"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I have been to Aintree, Elective Care, for an Xray, this morning, and because my doctor's is situated in the grounds of the hospital I could walk in with no appointment. I went for my blood test and was refused because it was a GP referral. There were two phlebotomists and one person in the waiting room. I now have to go to Breeze Hill. What an absolute waste of resources, time, energy - not to leave out the pain of walking - hence the Xray.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Hi, and thanks for leaving a comment. We're sorry to hear about the confusion over your blood test, it must have been frustrating. If you wish to take this further, our Patient Advice and Complaints team can help. You can contact them by emailing customerservice@aintree.nhs.uk, by calling 0151 529 2400 or by writing to: Patient Advice and Complaints department Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Lower Lane Liverpool L9 7AL Thank you.

Response from Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hi, and thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear about your difficulty in getting a blood test on your recent visit to our hospital - it must have been frustrating for you.

Patient Advice and Complaints department