"Excellent care"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I was treated extremley well by the midwives looking after me and my newborn daughter. They were very accomadating and allowed me to stay in the delivery suite as long as they didnt need it and worked hard to get me home the same day to my older child. I didnt actually go onto the maternity ward! They allowed grandparents to bring in my older child to meet her new sister and offered me great support whilst I was in their care. My husband was also allowed to stay with me the entire time i was in hospital. I was treated with dignity and respect. My whole experience (albeit painful!) was very special and relaxed. I am grateful to all staff that contributed towards my care.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your very positive experience on the Maternity Unit here at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. I will forward these to the Head of Nursing for Midwifery to share with the staff on the Unit.

May I also take this opportunity to extend our Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your baby daughter.