"Thank you for my excellent care"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I was admitted by Ambulance to the RAH in Paisley on Bank Holiday Monday. Firstly would just like to thank the two Ambulance Paramedics from the Vale of Leven Hospital, Tony (who was a student Paramedic) and Iain for the attention and care I recived at my home and in the ambulance to the hospital and would like to thank them both.

I would also like to thank the A & E staff at the RAH for their speedy and quick thinking during my time in the Accident and Emergency Department and the outstanding care I received.

I would also like to thank both all staff and Student staff who were training especially Gary who was learning for the care I received on the MAU ward after my admission, I would also like to thank the staff also of ward 29 who provided both excellent care on my admission and before I left.

The outstanding care I received was to very high standards and I have no cause to complain about my care or the staff and cleanliness on the ward, but I would ask again that water is routinely provided in jugs just like other hospitals as I felt I was bothering the staff who had other patients to see every time I requested water.

Thank you.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear waterloo

Sorry to hear that you had to be admitted to hospital, especially on a bank holiday but really pleased to hear that all of your care was of a high standard. I will pass your message onto the local operational management team in that area to make sure that the staff who cared for you receive your feedback and thanks

I do hope that you are feeling better

Take care

• waterloo thinks this response is helpful

Dear waterloo,

I am so pleased to hear that the care and treatment you received at all stages of your time in hospital was of such a high standard. Coming into hospital can be a scary experience, particularly in an emergency, and the type of care and attention that you received from the paramedics right through to Ward 29 makes a huge difference at such a time.

I will pass on your kind comments and thanks to all of the staff you have mentioned as I know that they will appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. I would however also like to address the comment you made about access to water, as I know that this is something you have raised previously. Our patients should always have access to fresh water and I would stress that at no time should it be seen as a bother for staff to get patients water when they ask for it. I do however take on your point that jugs of water should be readily available, and while this is routinely provided, it is clear that it has not always been the case in your experience. I will raise this issue with my colleagues and thank you again for highlighting this important point.

I hope you are now recovering well and thank you again for getting in touch.

Best Wishes,