"Level of consideration one could only have dreamed of"

About: Crawley Hospital / General surgery

I had the routine operation at Crawley Hospital and, it seems, I was one of the 1% or so of men who suffer bleeding afterwards. I was a bit put out by the fact that the surgical unit at Crawley did not seem able to relieve, even partially, the problem that had developed, and had to call East Surrey A & E to get an ambulance to take me there.

Once there, as my pain had developed to a degree I had never previously experienced, I was dealt with immediately by the most amazingly efficient and considerate team. The next morning I was moved to an assessment unit and subsequently to Buckland Ward where I received excellent treatment, delivered with great sympathy, explanations, humour when needed and a level of consideration one could have only dreamed of previously.

This only concreted my opinion of NHS staff, of every level and function, and I am not sure I can express my thanks sufficiently. Though at home now I still have to return for assessment and advice.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Chas Pump

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback - I am glad to hear how happy you were with the care and information our staff gave you and will make sure your comments are shared with them.

kind regards