"Wonderful team working under high pressure"

About: Watford General Hospital

I have just been admitted to Watford General hospital on Letchworth ward under the doctor's team. The care I received was first class. From the moment I arrived into the emergency surgical assessment unit the care was exceptional. Everything was explained to me clearly and I saw the doctor as soon as I arrived who prescribed me antibiotics and analgesia. I had the antibiotics within 20 mins of arrival and was made very comfortable. My CT scan was organised and bloods were taken quickly. After my scan I was taken to Letchworth ward where everyone was so kind and friendly. The nursing staff and doctors communicated well and I was put at ease quickly. The ward was extremely clean and organised with fresh linen everyday and regular inspections. The housekeeper was a delight and brightened up our day. There was a wide variety of food on offer although I had no appetite and regular tea and coffee served. I am very grateful for all their care. I felt very involved in my decisions with hte surgical team and I am terribly grateful to all the staff who looked after me so well.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Many thanks for taking the tiem to share your experience of our service. It is always nice to hear that we are succeeding in looking after people well.