"If you want to sleep go home!"

About: Milton Keynes Hospital

Exhausted following a heart attack and subsequent re-admission I tried for over 48 hours to get some sleep but got none in 3 days. Yes, the AMU ward is busy but the staff chatter mindlessly like magpies about their private lives and yell at each other the entire length of the ward. I eventually decamped twice to the public sofas in the closed main reception area to give my poor tired ears a rest. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned but isn't the role of a nurse to aid patient recovery not add to its stress by giving them sleep deprivation? Not only does it show a callous disregard for patient welfare, but also a complete lack of understanding of the basic role of a nurse. Don't they teach that in basic training any more?

Response from Milton Keynes Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're very sorry that your experience of our hospital was not a positive one. We would like to look into your concerns further to find out what happened. Could you please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on PALS@mkhospital.nhs.uk or call 01908 660033. Thank you.