"knee relacment"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I would start by saying I broke my arm in two place as and this hospital looked after me very well.however my girlfriend had a major op and the system from start to finish was shocking.waiting for 2hours in a cubical is a terrible way to prepva patient.then the nerve block only worked for a few hours so my girlfriend was aware during the op and the pain started within 2hours of being on the ward.had to ask many times for pain relief and only curtain for private cryingvpain.she was emmberressed by this and upset.I think when the doctor gets the nerve block wrong and patient is in so much distress then a quiet room should be available.also the doctor never got pain control right the nurse never got the sleep situation looked at 4 days no sleep.cmon do better.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

We are really sorry to hear of your girlfriend's experience. It is important that we look into this further to provide an explanation to her and also to ensure we can learn from her experience. Could you please ask her to get in touch with the Help and Advice Service who will liaise with the Directorate Manager for Orthopaedics. The contact details are: Email: Helpandadviceservice@chsft.nhs.uk Telephone: 0191 569 9855 or freephone 08005876513