"Fobbed off for genetic testing"

About: University College Hospital

I lost my baby due to congenital abnormalities and was promised I'll be offered genetic testing to find out if the condition is genetic. I saw the consultant on 26th January 2015, it is now 1st of May 2015 and I'm still none the wiser. When I called to follow up I was massively fobbed off by being told the tissue wasn't good enough and they're trying to get approval for more tissue to be checked. I'm fuming as I'm pregnant with my second baby and I was hoping to get reassurance or clarification about the faulty gene, so we can be tested early in the pregnancy. This is not going to happen it looks like they want me to lose another child before they do anything. Shame on you for tearing my heart apart even further.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of the Antenatal Services at UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.