"hospital security and open doors"

About: Wycombe Hospital

I recently attended Wycombe hospital at 7. 10am and struggled to find the daycare unit. I went to the main entrance and it was deserted, There was nobody to ask, After wandering down a corridor we found cleaner who directed us to the next floor and across the bridge, There were no signs to help and where was everybody! This to me seems irresponsible management. Anybody could just walk in and do harm if they wished. Its a shame because the day centre service was superb

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Every month in 2014/15 we receive over 2000 compliments from individuals like yourself and where possible we pass all compliments onto the relevant staff as we know your comments contribute to encouraging our staff to continue to provide a great level of care.

Your comments for improvement have been sent to the head of the DSU for consideration.

• tinca doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by tinca (the patient)

This reply has not addressed the issue I raised about security. It has just passed it on no urgency implied! Very surprising.

I'm pleased that the service comments are appreciated they were well deserved.

Since writing the review I suffered a severe urinary infection 3 days after my biopsy. I therefore question if the infection prevention was adequate as no antibiotics were offered post biopsy.