"Great treatment and care for microdiscectomy"

About: Southern General Hospital / Neurosurgery

Admitted into neuro surgical ward 64 in Southern General Hospital Glasgow in late April.

Admission was warm, informative and reassuring. Medical, clinical and nursing staff all took time to make sure I had all the information about the procedure, the timescales and daily care and ward routines.

Spinal operation occurred on the following morning. Consultant and Surgeon explained outcome with me personally as soon as I was taken back to ward. The care and attention shown by Sister, Charge nurse, staff nurses and care assistants during the following 24 hours just really impressed me. Positive and active leadership which inspired the team to be consistent and motivated to provide high standard of care consistently, with evidently limited resources and under high demands from other admissions.

Physio team and medical team supported me to achieve a safe discharge home the next day. Discharge once more was informative, reassuring and encouraging.

My experience has been so positive. My quality of life has improved as well as my faith in NHS Scotland.

Genuine thanks to all the team. Really outstanding!

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent positive experience of care within ward 64 of the Institute of Neurological Sciences at the Southern General Hospital. It is always heartening for our staff to receive such positive feedback from our patients and I will ensure that the ward 64 team are alerted to your posting on Patient Opinion.

I am pleased that you found the experience positive and that your quality of life has improved as a result of the treatment.

I wish you well with your ongoing recovery.

John Stuart,