"My daughter's consultation with Consultant ENT"

About: Ayr Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter was referred to paediatrics with a view to having her tonsils removed. We arrived a bit early and were pleasantly surprised to be seen early.

The consultant made my daughter feel at ease and was very clear on the next steps and answered any questions. Altogether a much better experience than I am used to with hospital appointments.

Only downside was parking issues, we took the bus due to a terrible time trying to get a space last week. This meant I had to take my daughter out of school earlier than if I had taken the car, we are a 30 minute drive from the hospital, hopefully this will improve soon.

Dear MorganB52,

I am so glad you and your daughter found this to be a good experience. It is always a worry when young ones are not well and need an operation, so all the ‘small things’ really help. I am really sorry about the parking, it can be such a pest.I know how much of a nightmare it is just now but you were very wise to come by bus while the building works are ongoing. The good news is that parking will get better in time. We will soon have barrier controlled parking with a parking warden, so those who should not be parking in the grounds will find in much more difficult. Also, good progress is being made with the building works in Ayr, Crosshouse and Irvine (ACH) and in time, this will make a big difference too.

I hope your daughter has recovered well,

Best wishes