"Deeply impressed and much better"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / General medicine

Recently I saw the Nurse Practitioner at my GP surgery about a persistent cough and related chest pains which made me wonder whether I had broken a rib by coughing. I was sent to the Emergency Assessment Unit at Grantham District Hospital to be admitted immediately with suspected pneumonia.

I was seen quickly and kept up to date with what was going on in my assessment and treatment. I had a sense throughout of being in the best of hands and in that respect I include absolutely all of the staff working at that unit. They had their hands full but were consummate professionals. I was also impressed by the standard of cleanliness.

I have spent several weeks as an in-patient at another hospital over the past four and a half years and have seen some good and some poor wards. This unit could give lessons in getting it right.

Four days later I was discharged exactly as I had been told I would, (no sitting for hours waiting for the paperwork to be ready), but knowing what I had to do for myself and what others would be arranging for me.

I am deeply impressed AND I am much better.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear malcv

First of all let me say how glad I am that you are better. On behalf of the staff at Grantham thank you for taking the time to comment on your positive experience with us, it means a great deal.

Claire Kent

Deputy Chief Nurse, Grantham

• malcv thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Malcv

Many thanks for your kind, positive comments regarding your care and treatment on EAU. This will be a good morale boost to staff and we will ensure that this shared with the EAU team.

Regards