"A&E visit - brilliant care!"

About: The Whittington Hospital

I went to Whittington this evening and had to write this as soon as I got back because I am so impressed! I went in with a suspected elbow fracture and a sore neck from a fall, feeling a bit sheepish and worried I would be wasting people's time. I was seen by the triage nurse within 20 minutes who listened to all my symptoms. When I mentioned my neck pain (offhand) they immediately went to check for a fracture and I was put in a neck brace as a precautionary measure, and sent to be checked by a doctor straight away. Despite feeling and probably looking a bit silly everybody was extremely professional, lovely and reassuring and I was wheeled through to x-ray in what felt like time at all. After x-ray there was another short wait, probably about 15 minutes. I was told that that I had bruising/ligament strain but no fractures, given a sling and some advice and sent on my way. The speediness may in part be down to it being a quiet evening but all in all the care was extremely thorough and I felt very comfortable and not stupid for being there as I feared I would. I would certainly not have minded if I had had to wait longer. The staff were all really professional and friendly - even when I was out in the corridor on the trolley for just a couple of minutes a member of staff asked if I was cold and gave me a blanket. Would 100% recommend for all your urgent care needs! I see these comments are read by the hospital so please pass on my thanks to the emergency team if you can.

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback and we will certainly pass this onto our emergency department team. We hope your elbow is better soon.