"Distressed by results of Burch colposuspension"

About: Ayrshire Central Hospital / Urology Crosshouse Hospital / Gynaecology

After having urine leakage for many years finally made the decision to go for laparoscopic colposuspension. Unfortunately I had too much scaring and the surgeon had to do it by abdominal.

I had a bleed while in surgery but have to say was well looked after by all staff. From surgeon, and nurses.

Unfortunately ever since the op I have had continuous UTI's. This is dragging me down considerably, both physical and emotional. I know have to learn how to catheterise myself which I find very distressing, in a way I wish there was another way even if it was surgery. I'm so upset.

Response from NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear misspiggy

I am truly sorry you seem to have developed a bladder infection following surgery. This needs to be addressed as it could affect the overall outcome of surgery. Please get in touch with Eunice Goodwin, our Patient Opinion (PO) lead (Eunice.Goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or 015636 826222) with your details. I will then review the condition and get in touch with you within the next few days.

Thank you for using PO and I will inform the team you are happy with the way you were looked after.

Looking forward to talking to you soon.

Wael Agur

Dear misspiggy,

Thank you so much for contacting me. I will pass your details to Dr Agur and we will come back to you.

Best wishes,

Eunice

• misspiggy thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by misspiggy (the patient)

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate a reply, I'm tearing my hair out so they say. Seem and feel worse than ever before.