"The care my son has received is second to none"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Orthopaedics

My son had an accident at school causing damage to his shoulder. He was taken to a and e the reception staff noted his pain and he was taken immediately. The nurse practitioner was reassuring and referred him for xrays. She then referred him to the fracture clinic.

The consultants were fantastic. One of then sat with him during xray ensuring that the correct views were taken.. he was then ref for an MRI. This was the next evening. The consultant phoned me on a bank. holiday to give me results. Now he is recovery and is being treated by a lovely friendly physio. As there was going to be a wait for physio. The physio in charge managed to get him seen quicker.

The care that my son has received from all departments have been second to none. We are hopeful that he will recover from this injury and wish to say thank you.

Response from Pauline Marland, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Hello Terry1234

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your sons story and I hope that he is recovering well.

I will pass on to all in the trauma team your kind words, it is always appreciated when we receive feedback.

Many thanks