"Thank you to staff in A&E"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital / Accident and emergency South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My cousin who has learning difficulties and is alcohol dependent was treated with utter dignity and respect by all staff within A&E (and by the ambulance staff) during one night in April.

As a local healthcare commissioner and a clinician I saw how wonderful our system can be.

Thank you all.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Cardg3

I wanted to respond to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the dignity and respect displayed by the ambulance crew who attended your cousin last month.

We know that our staff provide a wonderful service on a daily basis, but it is very special to them when patients and relatives take the time to thank them for their skills and kindness. If you would like me to pass on your comments to the specific staff concerned, and if you have time, do contact me and I will happily do so (louise.hutchinson@secamb.nhs.uk).

Thank you again and I hope your cousin has recovered from this particular episode.

Yours sincerely, Louise Hutchinson

Response from Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and deliver good care to your cousin.

Delivering compassionate care to all our patients is at the heart of all that we do.

Helen Runcorn ED Matron

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback on the care provided by our A&E team to your cousin. We will ensure that your comments are passed on to our staff.