"Staff were a ray of hope at a very sad time"

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

On Sunday 1st March I was admitted to hospital as I was miscarrying at 11 weeks. The triage nurse was amazing. They empathised with me and was positive but realistic with me. I was moved to a private room in A&E so I could have more privacy and be more comfortable. They were very upfront and explained options and possible progressions to me clearly - and answered my questions honestly. At each stage the staff at Hinchingbrooke could not have been nicer or more helpful - even down to the hospital porter who wheeled me to daisy ward (it was a particularly busy time and the day ward had been opened for over night patients). I was made aware that the hospital was stretched for staff and beds so although I was left for a while I knew that I was in good hands and that there was nothing that could be done in my situation except make me comfortable and ensure things were progressing as they should. I was put on fluids and given a really lovely room, I am sure I wouldn't have had nicer facilities in a private hospital. The follow up from the hospital was thorough too. I was was invited back for repeat bloods on 3rd March, and then a follow up scan the following week. I was so pleased for the hospitals non-interventionist attitude too. It was an extremely sad and difficult time and our pain was eased by their understanding and good service.

Response from Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and we are very pleased to hear that you received compassionate care at a very difficult time. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team on 01480 428964 or by email: hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.