"Amazing service"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I had my baby in June 2014 - im sorry its taken such a long time for me to write a review. I had to be monitored -so I was unable to go to the midwife led unit. the care I received was fantastic - i was well informed and looked after and I was listened to. My labour was over 20hours long so I had a few different midwives but the communication at handover was very good. The midwife stayed longer than their shift as my baby was born at 8.20am - which was over and above their duty of care, the dr who delivered my baby was kind, polite, kept me informed and very professional. I was transferred onto a ward - the nursing staff were exceptional - and i felt safe and the midwives were very good at checking that we were ok without being intrusive. An excellent unit and I am so happy that I delivered my baby there.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for your kind words. Our Midwifery Team work incredibly hard to help bring the babies of Medway into this world and will be delighted to receive your feedback! Congratulations on your new arrival!