"Overall great service- but receptionist let down..."

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

Overall the service from staff was great and informative. Quick and efficient. Unfortunately this was over shadowed by a very rude receptionist. They failed to look at me when talking to me, assumed I knew everything about the audiology department and when I asked further questions they made it clear that the questions were unwanted. I felt like I had to justify me being there and I had asked them to perform surgery on me with their blatant annoyance at being asked to assist me. I left feeling upset and judged. I did however attend the drop in clinic after this and was tested with respect and openness. They were very helpful and put me at ease.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback in terms of our clinical service. It is also good to receive constructive feedback about how we can improve our overall patient experience throughout the entire patient pathway. We apologise that you had a bad experience with the receptionist and the Audiology Lead has since had a chat with the administration staff to ensure that this is not repeated.