"No choice....operation or nothing"

About: Bmi - The Manor Hospital

I am an NHS patient and was referred to BMI Manor Hospital. My pain was caused by a cartilage tear which required an arthroscopy .The Consultant I saw told me that I needed an osteotomy and they decided that it was "in my best interests" to do both legs at the same time! I pointed out that as a contractor who was only paid when I worked that it was not in my best interests to have to take so much time off for the procedure, recovery and post-op physio. The consultant informed me that it was the whole "elective" op or nothing... How can it be in my best interests not to be paid and be put into a position of possibly losing my house because of being unable to pay my mortgage? The consultant didn't want to listen and dismissed the argument. Op or nothing their hands were tied....!!

Response from Bmi - The Manor Hospital

We are sorry to read your feedback. We contacted the Hospital who were aware of your dissatisfaction and had acknowledged receipt of your complaint. They have already contacted Circle who had referred you. The hospital will write to you again once investigations have been completed.