"LAA Ward"

About: National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Having just been discharged I felt I had to tell people that if they are going on LAA not to expect to get the attention of nurses very quickly. There are one or two nurses that are brilliant and do the best they can for you while other nurses just sit or stand around talking. I rang the buzzer need to go to the toilet I am unable to move and had to wait ages because the staff were just sitting or standing around. No excuses they could see the buzzer lights. The food is rubbish I ordered a cheese salad it had two bits of tomato two bits of cucumber a little bit of potato salad but most of plate was filled with lettuce. It shouldn't have been called a cheese salad but a lettuce one! All the other salads are the same. The tea and coffee are cold. On one day I asked for toast and was told there was no bread on the ward.

Response from National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience as an inpatient at National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3448 3237 so that we can look into this.