"Haemorrhage situation"

About: Victoria Hospital / Gastroenterology

I had a sudden spectacular loss of blood while on holiday in Peebles. Since I am the sole driver I felt that I must get my ninety year old husband as near home to Fife as I possibly could. I drove to The Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy to A & E and was admitted. Every single person was professional, efficient and so kind. They arranged for my husband to be taken home and gave me first class attention.

On my follow up appointment, endoscopy and gastroscopy I was again given excellent attention. Everything was more than satisfactory and although I have to return I commend this hospital staff highly and thank them for all they did for me. I do not recognise Mr Millibands criticisms and think he grossly exaggerates for his own political agenda!

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Just x

That must have been a frightening exerience for you! It is much easier to return to a place having had a positive experience and I hope this continues to be the case for you.

Your feedback is very welcome and I know the staff in these areas will be delighted to receive it. I will gladly share your post with the staff today.

Kind Regards