"Bed and meals management at Bournemouth Hospital"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / General medicine

During a recent 4 day stay, all the nurses and most of the doctors were wonderful and treatment was impeccable. However, I was switched beds every night, once at 10. 30 pm after lights out which was demoralising. A knock on effect was that meals are ordered for a bed rather than an individual, so I only actually ate the meal I had ordered once, otherwise inheriting random meals from previous occupants of each bed.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Bed Gypsy’

Regards

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Copied from original reply to Patient Opinion at time of posting in April 2015 Dear ‘Bed Gypsy’ I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us meant you had to move beds each day. As a trust we understand the importance of having stability during your stay and do not move patients unless there is a clinical need to do so. I apologise for the distress and inconvenience this has caused you and also the knock on effect of missing out on your chosen menu choice. It is unfortunate that you were moved so many times and in order for us to understand the reason for this it would be helpful if you could make contact with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01202 704886 so we can investigate further and respond more fully to the concerns you have raised. Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement