"waiting time"

About: City Hospital (Birmingham)

As we walk in NHS hospital for an emergency, average time for waiting to see doctor is 3 hours. But I think doctors are misusing this time. As I walk-in to city hospital Birmingham at 4 am, there were only two patient who were waiting to see doctor. they have been dealt with in one hour. I thought I will be calling my name soon. So I waited patiently for another couple of hours. And finally after doing nothing for two hours they call my name. My question to NHS is, Do they have any kind of mystery patient, who audit these doctor's work.

Response from City Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We always try to keep the waiting time to a minimum and our A&E team work hard to see and treat patients as quickly as they can. As well as helping patients who walk in to the department they are also dealing with emergency cases that come in via ambulance so whilst you may not always see a busy waiting room, there will be much more activity taking place in the department. The team do not leave patients waiting unnecessarily. Thank you and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.