"Very poor communication and onward referral..."

I was referred by my GP for an endoscopy and thereafter required an onward referral to dietetics at City Hospital. its 2 months later and they still haven't received the letter from the Woodthorpe... I have called twice a week to speed this issue up and multiple excuses later, it still hasn't been received. It just ridiculous. If i hadn't of chased it I would still be waiting silently to receive contact. The City cant do anything without a referral and Woodthorpe refuse to fax it due to information governance but I am also not allowed to pick it up.... So what exactly am I meant to do to actually see someone??

Response from Nottingham Woodthorpe Hospital

Dear Patient

I apologise you have not received a response to your complaint before now.

I have recently been appointed as General Manager at Woodthorpe Hospital.

Please accept my apology that for the way your referral had been managed and for you having to chase this up between the two hospitals. We could clearly have done much much better.

Thank you for your feedback, when a patient shares with us when we failed to meet their expectations it allows us to learn, improve and do better next time.

Due to the time that has now lapsed I presume you have been seen by City Hospital, if there are any outstanding issues I would be happy to receive a call from you on 01159 5209209.

Regards