"Excellent level of care consistently delivered to..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I regularly accompany my mum for her eye appointments at Royal Bolton Hospital. The initial appointments were in connection with cataract surgery on both eyes. Even though the surgery proved to be tricky it was skilfully performed and the surgeon always spent time explaining and answering any concerns either my mum or I had. My mums sight in both eyes was much improved although unfortunately macular degeneration has now developed but just in her right eye. My mum's subsequent appointments have therefore been for macular degeneration in her right eye and the lucatis injections have been a great success. All the nurses/staff are extremely kind and on the last appointment my mum's consultant patiently and with great knowledge explained everything in great detail. It is most reassuring and refreshing that even though I am not the patient any questions and concerns I have had have always been answered with the utmost respect and I always feel that my opinion and feelings as my mum's companion are taken very seriously.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Understanding what is happening is just as important for a family member as it is for the patient, so we're pleased to hear everything was explained properly to you both. Thank you for sharing this.