"Excellent care for hernia operation"

About: Good Hope Hospital / General surgery

I recently experienced an excellent service as a patient at Good Hope hospital in Sutton Coldfield.

Everything from my initial consultation appointment with Mr Dodds (hernia consultant) where he booked me straight in for my op (on a date to suit me) and so no having to wait for an appointment to arrive by post. On the day of my operation the care within the day case unit was excellent, the staff made me feel at ease and nothing was too much trouble.

I was called by the hospital in advance of my operation to ask if I wanted it done sooner by Mr Dodds at Little Aston hospital. I said no as was more than happy to go to Good Hope so why go private! I also found out that he doesn't practice at Little Aston so I'm glad I didn't go there.

Thanks to Mr Dodds and the team.

Response from Arne Rose, Consultant, Associate Medical Director for Good Hope Hospital , Management, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind posting. We are currently working on a way to operate on more hernia surgery on site in our mobile Vanguard theatres, so more patients can benefit quicker. I hope you are recovering well.

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Thank you for your kind posting. We are currently working on a way to operate on more hernia surgery on site in our mobile Vanguard theatres, so more patients can benefit quicker. I hope you are recovering well Dr Arne Rose