"Hernia operation"

About: Ashford Hospital

I am 67 year old male. Have never been to hospital This was my first experience. I had a hernia on my right side as confirmed by my doctor and was told of the types of operation available to me. If possible key hole surgery otherwise slice near the hernia. When I investigated everything I decided I definitely would prefer Key Hole surgery and after speaking with three potential surgeons settled on one. I met my surgeon, told them I needed to have confidence in an operation. The surgeon examined me, and told me that I may have another hernia on my left left side too, and agreed that they would do their very best to perform the key hole surgery. In summary now, my surgeon was brilliant, excellent and someone I could trust with my life (as I had obviously done). The staff and supporting staff, nurses and care people were not only polite but very supportive indeed. I could not ask for anything better from a professional NHS service. Thank you very much to everyone.

Response from Ashford Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here. We are extremely pleased to hear about your recent positive experience at our hospital and hope that you are recovering well. We will make sure that your lovely comments are shared with our staff. Thanks again.