"Shambles every time"

About: Sutton Hospital

Livid after another bout of bad service. I received an automated phone call before my appointment and I confirmed I would attend, booked the day off work. Minutes before I left my house, a letter arrived telling me my app for that day had been cancelled - the letter read 'We regret to inform you'. The letter had been sent by second class post on a Friday for a Monday appointment - what if my postman had been late?! I phoned to be told that the system said I had cancelled the appointment myself, which is simply untrue! The matter was referred to a supervisor, and the member of staff continued to be very rude. Last time I visited this hospital I was kept waiting for more than an hour because a consultant was late. Standards are very poor here, serious work to be done.

Response from Sutton Hospital

We’re very sorry that you’ve had such unsatisfactory experiences at the eye unit and we share your concerns. Could you please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) team on 020 8296 2508 or via email at pals@esth.nhs.uk to escalate your comments further?