"Mis diagnosis / lack of empathy"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

Visited Peterborough A @ E on morning of 4th April following a foot injury - I was seen in good time and was out within an hour which included an x ray - felt not much empathy shown towards my injury and with pain 2 weeks later have since had it re x rayed at another hospital and found that the foot is fractured when I was told by peterborough that it wasn't - I have been walking and driving on it in these 2 weeks when I could have rested it and have been disappointed with the whole experience.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. I would like to look into your case in more detail as we do have a system in place that alerts us if a fracture is missed and I am therefore doubly concerned that we missed the fracture on your first visit and that it appears the fracture was not identified on review.

Please could you contact me on lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk as I am really keen to investigate this incident for you.