"Car parking attendants"

About: William Harvey Hospital / General surgery

(as a service user),

I feel compelled to enlighten you regarding the shameful & cynical behaviour of the car park attendants at the WHH. I feel they are systematically attempting to issue tickets to nurses who have worked a night shift and are clearly not blocking spaces at this time in the morning.

One attendant was seen ( & filmed by patients) thrusting their fist into the air in a triumphant manner, once they had ticketed a staff member.

I feel this represents a culture of working which is not in the best interests of our hospital or indeed the values of the NHS.

I hope that this behaviour will be admonished, compassion begins with staff. Cynically starting to ticket staff, before 7am, is repugnant.

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback and I am sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable by what you saw. I will ensure that your concerns are raised with the manager responsible for the car parking service.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am really alarmed to read your description of what happened in the car park. This will be forwarded to the Parking Management Team so that they can investigate.

Update posted by Concerned member of the public (a service user)

Thank you. I would suggest the attendant requires some training in Customer Service. Their interpersonal skills also suggest this is an area for considerable development. The attendant's behaviour, filmed by patients, does not espouse the values of the NHS or EKHUFT.

Thank you for following this up, 3 months after the initial observation, I understand your CQC preparations must have taken priority......