"laprascopic bso brca1"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Although first date was cancelled 2nd date went ahead. both surgeons i saw were fantastic with a sense of humour, put my mind at ease as first ever operation. Staff were efficient and even though what seemed a long wait to go through to DOSSA was back on the ward by 6pm with no complications and home that night. Was meant to go home with injections but hubby had to phone 3 times following day to see if available for pick up Late afternoon, would have been better if they'd sent us home with prescription As 30 minutes away. I would highly recommend this hospital for this type of surgery than the hospital nearer to me, they know exactly what they're doing. Thank you To all staff.

Thank you for telling us of your experience and for providing your very kind feedback about the surgeons involved in your care. I was, however, sorry to hear that your procedure was cancelled initially and of the other issues you experienced. Whilst I appreciate it won't alter your experience, the Trust is working hard to improve patient flow in order to try to avoid cancellations and minimise delays.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for telling us of your experience and for the kind comments you made, We were sorry to hear that your operation was cancelled on the first occasion and offer apologies for the delay caused. We were also sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered in relation to obtaining your medication and offer assurance that we are working with our pharmacy department to improve the process for providing take home medicines in a timely manner.