"Hip replacement surgery"

About: University Hospital Lewisham

I was booked to have my surgery on 9th March and on 21st February I received two letters - one telling me to come in earlier on the day of admission and the second cancelling the operation "due to influx of emergencies". This was completely untrue as I have been told since that the surgeon I was under had already booked off holiday on 9th March and that I should never have been offered that date! The Admission Office told me that they are sorting out the lists as people have been waiting longer than me. Why then was I given a date? It seems to me that "passing the buck" is rife in the hospital - nobody wants to take responsibility and they just mess with peoples' lives as they wish. I was one of the lucky ones who was referred to Blackheath Hospital but what about other people? Disgusting treatment,.

Response from University Hospital Lewisham

Due to a technical issue you may not have received a response to your comments. Thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise for the experience you had. We take all feedback seriously and as a reflection of our practice. I will share your comments with the teams involved to help improve the quality of service we deliver in the future.

Patient Experience team