"Hysterectomy"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

I had suffered for years with heavy and very painful periods I went back and forth to the doctors but nothing worked so on my last visit I asked my Doctor if he would refer me to see a specialist at the RVI. I was referred to a consultant, I feel they were the first person to really listen to me. The consultant put me straight at ease talked through all my options. The consultant performed my hysterectomy three weeks ago. The nursing staff on ward 40 were also superb I was kept informed of what was going to happen and given loads of advice and information after my operation. My full experience from start to finish has been nothing but excellent from this hospital.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

It is so very kind of you to take time to share your positive experience with us. Patients are always our priority in everything we do and to know you were made to feel at ease with us is very important. We have shared your comments with all the staff in the department, who are delighted to know you felt this way and would like to wish you well in your continued recovery.