"Curates egg"

About: Amersham Hospital

on 13 FEB 2015 I had a biopsy done, in fact the surgical team decided to totally remove the lump cannot fault the team who carried this out in a most exemplary manner. Their attitude was thoroughly professional, kind and caring. The results of the biopsy are a different matter, today 17 April, I still have not got the results as to whether the lump was malignant and, on phoning, I was told to try my surgery next week. I wonder what effect this has on my anxiety levels, so the experience was a bit like the curate's egg - good and bad in parts.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Responder

I am sorry to learn that you have had a poor experience of patient care relating to our results service. I am sorry about the delay in responding to you as this medium is not constantly monitored.

Please contact me to update me regarding your results which I trust you have had by now and were positive in nature. if I can be of assistance now you can telephone me on my direct telephone number-01494734481 if you wish to discuss your experience further and explore how I may be able to help to improve the situation.