"Wrongly informed I would have to terminate my..."

About: Crawley Hospital

Went for my first ever pregnancy scan and after about 20minutes the sonographer ask if they could get an opinion from their colleague which I agreed, they then began rescanning me together and finally came to the conclusion my baby had no legs and told me I would likly have to terminate my pregnancy. Devastated and in tears arrangements were made for me to be scanned at st George's hospital the next day. We'll let me tell you that is the worst 29hrs of my life. Turns out baby had perfectly fine legs after all. I do believe that they should be more carefully about what they tell moms to be. They should have never have told me I would need to terminated my pregnancy, it cause me huge unnecessary stress and heartache. Very unprofessional!

Dear Anonymous

I am sorry to read about your recent experience in the ultrasound department at Crawley Hospital. If you could e-mail me your details (ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk) I will ask someone to look into what has happened.