"Totally dysfunctional A&E"

About: Kingston Hospital

Organisation is shambles - nurses are looking for patients who aren't here (and haven't been!) while some of us are waiting for hours to be seen. There are way more medical staff here than patients (what are they doing? Looking for non-existent patients?) but the wait is still bad even though it's not busy. 4 nurses/ doctors have been arguing for 10min about how people should be seen & discharged, and - most contraversially - where the waiting patients should be sitting (apparently the chairs clutter something..?) I am feeling pretty unwell and am listening to this debate before I have been given any treatment. I've now heard 3 separate conversations amongst the nurses about how they're told they are overstaffed, but that in reality they're all too busy... Shambolic people/patient flow management.

Response from Kingston Hospital

We are really sorry to hear about your visit to A&E. We really do value your feedback so will be sharing your comments with the A&E Team. If you would like to make a formal complaint please contact our PALS department pals@kingstonhospital.nhs.uk with more details.