"Extremely grateful for the work they did"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Community (County)

(as a carer),

My dad had multiple long term conditions + is 83. Vascular dementia is worsening + I didn’t know what to do. Social worker recommended intensive recovery intervention services (IRIS) as an option. Caring, friendly people, punctual visits – vital, as having strange disinterested people in my dad’s home at erratic times – makes my dad’s confusion worse.

Deducted service, didn’t stop with visits until full time care in place – then took trouble to ensure handover.

Extremely grateful for the work they did. Their experience in dementia really showed + they extended their support/communication to myself – being kept informed helped keep me sane at a difficult time.

Response from Claire Watson, Assistant Practitioner, Mansfield and Ashfield Intensive Recovery Intervention Service, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your story about the Mansfield and Ashfield IRIS team. I will ensure that the team is made aware of your lovely feedback. We all enjoyed visiting your dad, and I'm glad we have been able to provide the support both you and your dad needed during this time.

Best Wishes