"My Asthma Attack"

About: NHS 111 St Mary's Hospital

Phoned 111 as I had a very tight chest and they answered quickly. Acted in a professional manner and asked the right questions.

They reassured me throughout. And gave me advice to go to the hospital. I wanted to know how thankful I am for them as I would never have gone up and would have left it till I was probably in an ambulance.

Seen quickly at the hospital, doctor was friendly, did some tests to find out I was having an asthma attack. Gave me all the right treatment and reassured me again throughout. As I didn't realise I had asthma, they helped explain and provide me with the right medication. I felt 100 times better for this amazing service. And would like to commend the NHS for this, as it basically saved my life.

Response from Vanessa Flower, Patient Experience Lead, Isle of Wight NHS Trust

Dear Koolcookie

Thank you so much for providing this positive feedback on your recent experience of our services.

I was sorry to read that you required our services, and this must have been a really distressing time for you. I am glad that the care and treatment provided was of a high standard, and that you had a positive patient experience.

I will forward your comments on to the relevant departments.

I hope that you are now recovering well from what must have been a worrying experience, and I wish you well for the future.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you very much for posting this very positive and valuable feedback. Your comments have been shared with the teams involved. I was very pleased to read that you were treated promptly and professionally, and that you are now feeling better. May I take this opportunity to wish you a speedy onward recovery.