"My review of Pinderfields Hospital"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I have been in a few times over the last few weeks and I got discharged yesterday. I originally got admitted with severe pneumonia and sepsis which is a form of blood poisoning. They saved my life and were brilliant. I then got placed onto ward 20 in my own room which was great to recover as I cannot sleep when im in a ward. next day I got told I was moving into a ward and for 4 days I never slept a wink. The staff were mostly great, some of the nurses (one in particular) has a terrible attitude towards patients. The atmosphere was bad if you ever rung for staff help, to your face they were ok but they did not realise that I could hear them complaining about being buzzed all the time (while they were sat at the desk looking at the computer. The cleaning was a joke, it was more of a quick flyover and left me and another patient shocked.there was dust emanating from the air vents in the ceiling which was simply blocking them. I went in the toilet after they had cleaned it (apparently) only to find some poo on the floor and toilet tissue. fast forward to 2 weeks later and I was admitted yet again, this time from a&e I was admitted to the aau ward (acute assessment ward) - this was terrible, again most of the staff looked as though they just wanted to go home. I got my arm veins burnt by some iv meds that I was allergic to. not only that but they could not get a good vein and I was poked with needles around 7 times until I asked for a doctor to do it. the doctor who come did it first time and put a little bandage on it for me. I went to sleep and next morning I could not move my arm - it had swollen to a massive state (I have pictures for all of this). the doctor had missed my vein and all the iv had been going into my arm. it was a full day before I could feel anything in it again. again cleaning on this ward was fly over - terrible and I watch things they clean, using the same cloth to clean everything is not a good idea. the staff in ward 20 were brilliant though. for a pfi its not bad, ive been in since and got a private room which was a lot better and I managed to sleep for once. the downside is that they are constantly being pressurised to get rid of patients which is sometime too early.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We would be pleased to arrange for he negative aspects of this experience to be investigated if the patient would like to contact us directly with appropriate details.