"miscarriage"

About: Dorset County Hospital

As my last review wasn't allowed. I have modified this one. I had a MC at 12 weeks. I was admitted to hospital on a Friday where I begged for surgical removal no effort was made to get me a scan because it was a Friday afternoon and I was told I couldn't have a scan until Monday. No woman chooses when they miscarry. I think it's appalling that women are being made to wait. I can not put everything else that happened bar that there was so many errors that this left a devastating effect on me and my future emotion wellbeing in my latest pregnancy. Hope you will allow this to be posted this time.

Response from Dorset County Hospital

I am so very sorry to read you have suffered a miscarriage recently and from your post it sounds as though we fell far short of meeting your needs. I don’t know if you have contacted us directly so we can learn from your experience, but if you haven’t I would be very happy to discuss your concerns with you either face to face or by phone. You can contact our PALS service on 0800 7838058 or pals@dchft.nhs.uk. Once again I am sorry to read about your recent experiences. Best wishes, Alison Tong, Director of Nursing.